Get Involved — Volunteer!
When adults volunteer, all students benefit! There are many opportunities for parents and community members to get involved! Your help is needed!
Timbers PTO is a Non-profit 501(c)3 organization that was formed to help the staff/students of Timbers Elementary School. Sometimes the school's budget does not allow for everything the students/staff need to make this school a better environment for your children. The PTO, as a non-profit, can raise money to make up the differences in the budget. In order to get this done, we NEED Volunteers!
The more Volunteers we have, the quicker we can get things done, and the easier things will run.
Maybe you don't have a lot of time available? If not, we can use Volunteers for smaller things as well. Maybe you can only Volunteer for one specific event? That works for us! Before each event, we will have a sign-up listed on here that you can let us know if you would like to help. If you have ANY free time during the school year and think you may be able to help, please drop us a line, and we will gladly figure out where we need assistance. We can't do it without the help of our community!
Currently we are looking to fill these specific open positions:
- The Donation Sponsorship chair is responsible for gathering donations from restaurants and businesses throughout the year for PTO functions. Ex. t-shirt sponsors, food donations for events, student incentives, etc. Ensures that sponsors receive thank you cards and recognition in the PTO newsletter, website, etc. Works with the Hospitality Coordinator
- The Hospitality chair shall coordinate any hospitality activities, including welcome program and documentation for new families and kindergarten families. Responsible for mailing all thank you, get well, sympathy and birthday cards for Timbers Staff and PTO Board Members and for sending flowers or gifts approved by the PTO Board in the event of birth, wedding or death.
- The Lead Volunteer Coordinator shall coordinate volunteers for PTO events and school activities. Collect list of general volunteers at beginning of year and for special events. Assure that volunteer data is recorded and available to both the Board and teachers. Work with teachers, staff, and leaders of committees to assure volunteers are recruited for programs. On-going dialog with Grade Level Coordinators as to class and grade activities. (Effort: on-going, year round; time peaks with a few big events. Average: 3 hours per month; could range from 0 to 8 hours per month during major events.)
- The Grade Level Volunteer Coordinators shall be one parent representative from each grade (K-5) whose job is to touch base with the teachers of that grade and report to the Lead Volunteer Coordinator. The Grade Level Volunteer Coordinator relays what activities are occurring in that grade and recruits volunteers to assist the teachers and the coordination of room parents. Responsible for ensuring the music program for your grade has drinks and cookies and any decorations needed(with the coordination of the room parents and music teacher).
- The Grants coordinator shall research, write and submit grant applications on behalf of Timbers PTO.